Tuesday, January 11, 2005

One loose end down, 500 to go!

Here's the painting i finished earlier this afternoon.

It's titled 'anything is possible..." as a dedication to someone who pretty much did the same against every odd in the past. This canvas is a tribute to her.

It was quite difficult at first because i had to figure the initial layers and what colours to use. The most fun part was i would say is the blend of different colours. I had an awesome time like i was back in primary school again painting anything i wanted.

Well anyway back to the painting, the colours i used was nothing too sinister (afterall, it IS a birthday present) but at the same time i wanted to create a dimension what would say it was very dry and desolate. I opted to go with the typical desert sand but i concluded red clay and grey trees are far more effective because my mum was like "why did you paint a dead tree? it's nice... but it's dead."

So i guess i had achieved my desired outcome. Once again, my logo i've kept since the days of "Ying" was the enduring green leaf. Which has now become my logo for my existance. For those who don't know, there's a MS paint with a potplant and a green leaf which symbolises rebirth / life.

Enjoy.

-Jay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home