Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Holiday progress?

It's been a week into it, and really thing's haven't gone to what i've planned.

Instead of going out there and enjoying the best that life has to offer, thanks to my empty wallet i've been at home. Not that it's all bad.

I remember building a huge list of all the thing's i wanted to achieve or do as soon as the holidays had settled in and really i've done nearly all of it by 5 days. My car is clean (the wheels once again shine!), models have been built and painted, guitars and video games have been played, coffee and cigarettes consumed.

What really suprised me is that most of the guys are starting to play a lot more sport. Not that i'm against it actually i'm totally for it since i need the exercise.

It feels like something good has finally happend that i'm proud of. Especially when last time i went shopping my basket that usually contained crap like chocolate, chips and well... more chocolate is now weetbix (yes! weetbix!) fruits and something i thought was really cool, the gatorade powder mix; it comes with a nifty measuring spoon. I guess i'm very simple minded.

I watched the DVD's i burrowed off Allan. My favourites were "My neighbor Totoro", "Kiki's Delivery service", "Grave of the fireflies" and "Nausicaa - Valley of the wind"

All of them were made by Studio Ghibli one of my favourite animation firms.
I liked "My neighbor Totoro" because it captured what it feels like when you're a kid. It reminds me of a time i was really obsessed with building a secret hideout in my closet (where junkfood and comics were not uncommon in my hideouts).

When i look back on it, nearly 21 years old i wonder how far i've really come since those days. When i was a kid i always promised myself i'd never grow up, that i'd see that the greatest time i had in my life was a world i created on my own. Sounds kind of corny these days but it consolidates the reason why i want to persue a career in animation. What the hell am i doing with a finance degree? Time will answer that i suppose.

Grave of the fireflies was pretty good too, except that at times i thought the director was trying a little too hard to earn empathy. Seemed too much at times. Nausicaa's world was just breathtaking. The scenary and level of imagination was so awesome :) I see where some of the themes was inspired from as both film shares very similiar elements.

Kiki's delivery service wasn't my favourite. I thought it was predictable but the characters again save the movie.

I recently got in touch with Hanzel and Sam who i thought hated me because i haven't seen him online or recieved any calls from him in ages. Although he was someone i met because of Ying i'm glad he doesn't hate me because me and Ying aren't together anymore. I still wonder what Ying's been up to despite what happend. Though i don't dare to call and ask.

Seems everything's a bit mellow at the moment but i can't ask for anything more.
Well until next time.

-Jay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home