Sunday, June 27, 2004

and what a memorable night t'was...

Lam's birthday.

Kicked off at a decent pace at his house. There we indulged in King prawns, oysters (eww disgusting gooey pieces of snot, hehe hate to see the single people who ate those last night), spring rolls, shark fin/ egg hybrid soup and other fine vietnamese delicacies.
Quite a large number of people who showed up i knew so it made it less awkward than i thought it would be. I was glad to see people i haven't seen in awhile like Bonnaz and Petey vu etc...

Which reminds me, indoor hammocks are the best investions to date.
Also had the doors slammed on me twice, once by Lisa and the other by Derrick, thanks guys.

Anyhoo, i thought that would be the end of my evening with the dinner party coming to a close and most people packing up to leave for Next Blue.

I didn't feel like clubbing, and for some reason i don't have the urge to go anymore so i thought i would give it a miss. A couple of things happend that night that really made me think, Peter was going and he was sick like me because it was for Lam, Derrick did the same also except he was really tired, likewise with Tao. I figured yep, i'll do the same.

So off we went to Blue it up. I kind of got the feeling Tuan is annoyed with me and my indecisiveness these last couple of days... But i really didn't know what to choose. Go home and rest or cark it and party it up.

Party it up we did.

There's reasons why i'm extremely glad i went and obvious reasons why i should'nt have.
At blue, i bumped into heaps of old friends, like Diem (and Hubby Michael), Gracie, Stacey, Anesco and people i havent seen in yonkers. I really didn't anticipate to see Diem. Saw "nigga-g" hanzel at crown aswell and i havent seen or heard of that guy in 2 years. I'm glad to see he hasn't changed his rastafarian / homie ways and he introduced me to his two completely white anglo "cousins", seemed really odd cuz they looked really backpacker like. Their swedish smiles compared to hanzels "ghetto" grin is something i won't be able to erase from my memory in awhile. Maybe "ghetto" language for cousins mean his mad ho's or something...

Anyway, inside the club it was 500 degrees, i had a migraine and possibly a slight hangover despite only drinking 3-4 bourbon and colas (can't remember).

It was the first time i was definately sure i was not drunk (i would know, Peter Vu's deadly two shot 151.) but i felt completely sick. I couldn't dance and i just needed to close my eyes. I remember there was a period where i just sat down, looked at the time which was 1:54am and just pretended i was back home sleeping. The stench of alcohol and cigarettes didn't bother me anymore but i remembered why i was doing this in the first place. So about an hour later and the best power nap i ever had, i was back live and kicking (literally!)

Overall Blue was ok, Lam got wasted (damn he's heavy for a short slim guy or i'm really weak...)
Pham spiked Allan's drink and bwhahaha, nathan jibbed Phil, Allan and Lam that his alledged tequila shot (complete with salt and lemon) was actually cetruce (can't spell it). That was funny.

The creme de la creme of the evening which i think everyone would agree would be when we left the club. We tried to find cabs but there was this huge queue and my hunger, headache and drowsiness really kicked in. Hehe, best part was this guy came up and spoke to i think John or something and offered a lift, $10 bucks each in a.... here it comes

*drum roll*

A LIMOSINE!!!! Hahahahaha! Dude! i didn't even ride a limo to my Yr 12 formal.

Haha Pham and i took shotgun and the rest of the guys; Tuan, Allan, Lam, Tao, Derrick and Petey were in the back.

Got the driver to make a couple of stops to drop people off and we were left with Tuan who at this stage was clearly exhausted and moody which i don't blame him. The rest of the guys including myself were extremly tired aswell. We got the driver to drop us off about 10 minutes from Lams house and the poor guy could barely walk. I summed up all my might to try and aid him to walk but in the end they were the ones helping me because i was scared myself i was gonna faint. I could feel myself trailing slower and i don't know how i even made it back to Lams house.

After that whole ordeal, i somehow managed to drive peter, tuan and pham home with Lam's car because the limo guy could only drop off at the center of all the other guy's houses. Allan kindly allowed me to crash over cuz i didn't think i could make it home by myself. So there we were, and i slept at about 7am and Dad calls me at 11am telling me he's outside my house and he's eager to fix poor disabled sprinter. Argh, so i got up at about 11:30 and Dad cruised me back home. We spent the next 3 hours fixing the car which start working after the oil change (it was pure black) and cleaned up the distributor and spark plugs and leads. Starts up beautifully now but still needs that tune. Afterwards, he got us pizza and here i'm writing it all.

Phew!~

It was truly a great evening. One that reminded me of how the old days used to be, and i'm really glad to see the people are still around. I'll have to call Diem for that coffee sometime.

Right now i think i'll take my long awaited nap.

-Jay

p.s: Pictures will be up when i can get em.
p.p.s: Allan has reminded me i had the door slammed on my again at next blue, that's right except at that stage i can't remember which fucker it was. Hahaha. That makes 3 door slams in 1 evening. Man i must be getting popular or what?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home