Thursday, June 30, 2005

Listening to: [ The Get Up Kids - Long Kiss Goodnight ]

It's the kind of period in winter where the winds stay at bay and the land welcomes the thickest blanket of fog that looks like you can cut it with a butterknife.

The air solidifies your lungs with each breath and street lights flicker like candles.

Towering giants that once were sky scrapers becomes shades in the distance.
Not a creature stirs.
I light my cigarette and disturb the silence.

Sacriligeous.

My shivers for an instant, my taste and sense of sight feels numb.

Am i dreaming?

I'm sitting alone in the dark, my companion fizzles and there is nothingness.

I don't feel afraid as i usually am in a similar situation nor do i feel lonely.
Cold but not freezing i stand there admiring my nothingness.

Distortion goes through my mind, captivated by this silence that is as certain as the call of death but still nothing.

If death sings such sweet lullaby then surely this isn't so grim.
I blow icicles, twirl them with my tongue as the smoke dances, it floats away disappearing with the rest of the world.

I'm not bitter. Am i?
Wooly jumpers, chocolate in a mug made in a country far away become my most prized possessions.

The marshmellows bounce in the chocolate. As if it were something to celebrate.
But it is!

I have found space. My space. Surely this is heaven!

The choir of angels sing my song and my marshmellows respond.
I love a winter wonderland.

-Jay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home