Sunday, October 23, 2005

I hate teh ARIAS

Listening to: [ Powderfinger - These days ]

I hate this year's ARIAS.
Before i go on, i must mention there was pretty good performances from Grinspoon and Neil Finn (former Crowded house).
Finn performed a stunning acoustic revival of "Better be hom soon" to recently departed and ex-band member, Paul Hester.

How i got into watching the show, I recieved an SMS from Monin "Channel 10"

At that time i was happily studying my notes until i swtiched on the tele, and who did i see but Missy higgins.

God i hate Missy Higgins! I think i speak for NO ONE as i'm a clear minority who thinks her voice sounds like a cross between a bushpig and the sound of nails on a blackboard. Herald as "the darling of Australian music" which makes me gag.

She'd probably get my vote if she just sang properly.

I think it's cool she advocates the Australian music industry (not that we've had problems with Australian music as we do with the film industry) and writes her own music blah blah but i really think her voice is one of the ugliest to ever grace the airwaves.
Speaking of ugly, Ben Lee won a couple of notable awards for his one hit wonder "Catch my disease" which is catchy i admit.

Seems the world forgot about him since his last government inspired hit, "Cigarettes will kill you". Not suprised people wanted to forget him however hats off to him for trying; "you seem like nice guy". The Veronicas, please... EAT SOMETHING and grow some hips.

I know i might sound really negative, but i'm a big fan of Australian music. My shitty mood stuck when i saw (and heard) a voice even uglier than Higgins; Gretel Killeen. I can't stand her face let alone her voice. I tohught it would be safe to not see her until next year's Big Brother but i was wrong. Gretel, whose voice was raspier than a 500 kg yobbo was accompanied by David Hasselhoff.

"The Hoff" - is not cool in my books. I mean what the fuck is going on??? Seriously!

A washed up actor who hasn't done anything since a talking car and pamela anderson jumblies getting treated like royal. If i saw him down the street i wouldn't buy him coffee. I guess it's been awhile since the last famous yank visited this country.

Hopefully the ARIAS will return to normal next year with more Powderfinger, Jet, Living end, Grinspoon and less Idols and nail on blackboards.

-Jay

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

-David Hasselhoff. Weird, really weird.

12 Comments:

At 1:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feer rike fry rice wif a cupa ice cufe
how bout u?
boom shukaruka ruka boom

 
At 11:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

- I have yawned 4 times in the last minute.
- I have 6 pairs of jeans :D
- my name has 2 O's in it
- I successfully quit smoking for 7 days
- Have had 3 haircuts this year
- I tossed off 10 times today
- I have consumed approximately 3 boxes of cereal in the last month.
- I eat at least 2 packets of 'Mi Goreng' a week.
- 0 HD's this year :(
- 2 fails this year !!! YAY
- Have less than 5 cents in my bank.
- Got 4 fines currently outstanding.
- Fines equate to over $1000.
- There is 4 pieces of dandruff on my pillow (oh GEEZ :( )
- i have 3 testicles
- I have 2 pointless posts in this blog
- I have 2 pimples on my face
- I have read over 100 pages of law in two weeks :D
- I have broken the D string on my guitar... twice.
- I have a third nipple
- I have 5 movie ticket stubs lying on my shelf.
- I love 69 action

All for now.

 
At 11:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats a HD? some sort of STD? eww don't go spreading it around. FERAL CAT is a moron! and this blog is tiresome.

 
At 4:43 pm, Blogger ToFu said...

these comments are as bad as the templated links that tell u to buy stuff.

Mutombo: You're tiresome.

:\

 
At 1:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!
Missy Higgins it the BEST! I might even like her better than Delta Goodrem.
How can you not like her unique voice? Its special. Yes, its not like all the others. But God forbid that one singer/writer may sound different to all the other fakes out there.
Please. Living End? I've met them. They're not all that good. They're over.
Missy Higgins is the new face of Aussie music - so you better get used to it.

 
At 11:09 pm, Blogger LOki said...

jase, you better watch your back. if not, the missy higgins fan club with be all over you like missy higgins at the arias.

she aint that bad, but sometimes "different" isn't always good.

-LOki

 
At 6:40 am, Blogger ToFu said...

Yeh well like i said, she'd probably be good if she didn't sound so "occa".

I know it's an uphill battle on the stance i've taken.

"New face of Australian music" - let's hope not! To me she's a sexually confused female bushpig :P

-Jay

 
At 1:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"she's a sexually confused female bushpig"
oh c'mon thats a bit harsh. I wasn't having a go at you before. Just trying to defend Missy Higgins.
You just rather see blondes with big boobs dancing around the screen. Please, don't tell me that's the kind of talent you're looking at.

 
At 2:49 pm, Blogger LOki said...

are you referring to jessica simpson and that 'new' song for dukes of hazzard? godamn that clip is so embarassing, i can't believe she would do that.

hehe "talent" - i hate that word.

-LOki

 
At 3:33 pm, Blogger ToFu said...

Dear Anonymous,

Thanks for pigeon holing me like that, to assume i don't like missy higgins means i hate original artists right?

I thought Jewel was cool until her style of music changed.

Some other female artists who are noteworthy i believe are No Doubt (gwen) blonde yes, big tits, no.

Beth Gibbons (from Portishead) definately ain't the best looking chick but she rocks, Letters to Cleo, The Corrs. Higgins is no where near as talented as them in terms of HER VOICE.

If you're read my views, i said she's got her sides i admire and before u defend something that i'm already aware of it's a pointless argument when i already agree with you.

So i'll say it once more: Her voice sucks.

If i wanted to talk about blondes with massive tits i would've written an article about strip clubs where.

 
At 9:55 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Usually I hate arias but theres been some good Aussies up. Hang on is Arias music or Movies, I'm talking actresses & actors... Cate Blanchette, Hugo Weaving, that girl in "In her Shoes". Otherwise Aus Music sux. Missy Higgins is only good on ROVE (lol) & Guy Gaybastian, Shanon Dole all suck.

 
At 9:57 pm, Blogger CJ said...

"she's a sexually confused female bushpig"
Ok that is harsh, didn't she goto Chris's high school, she must be normal but then again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home