Saturday, August 20, 2005

winter wonder morning...

Listening to: [ The Corrs - Radio ]

It's a drizzly morning and i got about 3 hours sleep and i'm buzzing. The clock just struck 38 past 7 and i think it's a great chance to catch up on my studies and some stuff about the firm because i have a 21st to go to in about 12 hours.

I got back from Nate's 22nd, and it was a refreshing feeling to see some faces i haven't seen in about 2 months. Glad to see that everyone is doing well, and it reminds me it's one of those faces, the smiles that never change when everything else does.

I haven't left the house (in a social meeting) for about 2 months and really i think it's time i just ... went out!

Finding transport there is tough, more than i imagined with only 2 more weeks to go with my license suspension and i'm back into gear so i had to call upon a favour from Hanz. As always Hanzel is always happy to come along despite his disinterest in asian night clubs but we both agreed it's tiem to meet up with "the boys" again.

One person i was glad to see tonight is John. Big John, everyone's big brother and as always he gave a warm reception. Needless to say Nathan was drunk when we arrived but later when he got his birthday cake in the face (thanks to John and Aaron) we had a small moment where we realised it's been a year since i sat in that chair and it was his 21st.

I told him time changes thing's but it's been years since we have moved on our own ways yet the people are still here who care about him and looking around this made sense to me too.

Lately i've been catching up with a lot of high school people. One example is Mina, and i haven't really had a good chance to know what he's been up to and we spent about 3 hours outisde the Uni cafe talking about old times and the new.

Winter is coming to another end and i anxiously await summer. This year has definately been a busy one and i can't wait to just drop a couple of weights from my shoulder and take a walk on the beach. I feel i need that inspiration to get me into 2007... the thing i was missing for this year. Come to think of it, i haven't touched the beach at all... :
I have compiled a list of what i'm going to do during summer:

-finished my half-arsed bedroom renovation and consider (with Mum's approval) to completely do the rest of the house.
-paint my massive canvas i got ages ago with oil instead of acrylic.
-get together a temp band and play for a live crowd in a pub.
-go to the comedy festival (i refuse to miss it again).
-take a long scenic drive, destination? Doesn't matter as long as there is road, supply of food i'll be right.

For now before i work myself into a frezy i gotta finish what i start. Which is Uni and Project Pilot.

-Jay

1 Comments:

At 10:20 pm, Blogger LOki said...

the onset of summer is such a comforting feeling. i can't wait for it.

i don't know how i'm going to spend my days, but it doesn't matter - whatever it will be at least i won't have to use my brain.

it'll be a nice break from all this craziness.

-LOki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home