Friday, February 03, 2006

Hello... and welcome.

Listening to: [ Foo Fighters - Everlong ]

February the third... seems almost forever since my last post.
Finally got a chance to rub my hands and sit down and say hello to an old friend, my blog.

Ah, can't believe January flew by so quickly.
Coke's slogan for this summer is "As it should be..." as much as i detest this propaganda my summer is exactly what i wanted it to be... states travelled, new people met, beers consumed, movies watched, model kits made, beaches, sunsets, cigarettes the whole shi-bang.

Having said that i suppose the most appropriate thing to say is what happend since my last post.

I wanted to initially recap all of 2005, right now i, like everyone else is still trying to adjust to 2006 so it feels funny when i'm "capping" 2005 off. The year was an interesting one of ups and downs... a rollercoaster of extremes and i felt like i didn't have the time to stop and catch my breath.

March 2005 saw the start of something that is still in full blown operation in 2006... Chalkboard Studios.

A dream became a vision, the vision becomes in motion, the motion eventually led me to work with the finest artists, writers, publishers and of course good friends. For the first time in my life i felt like something so right is working, sometimes it becomes so surreal i close my eyes and open them again just to make sure it still wasn't a dream.

We've come quite far, completed tasks upon tasks i've thrown at them but they keep persevering.

Conflicts, overcome.
Scripts, done.
Trip, been there.
Thumbnails, done.

Good times? Hell yeah.

The downside was unfortunate bad luck after badluck. Uni was one, i gave it my all but because of a ridiculous time table structure i failed a crucial uni, no biggie... i continue to struggle through semester 2 and scrape by... okay whatever.

Then comes the substantial traffic fines because of a small event that amounted to over 1 thousand bucks.
Not a big fine? It is when you're broke.

I've applied for so many jobs and i don't get replies. Fine.
Whatever.

Here's the point, i made it through... i made a promise to myself (and a lousy New Year's resolution) on January the first last year. I told myself to give it my absolute all or don't bother. I'm glad i can say i'm proud of that at least... i was true that..

Unfortunately, NYE resolution suck balls... i don't need an excuse to change on NYE, i can do it tomorrow or the day after.
So this year i said fuck it. I'll make it as i go...

This year, i'm going to hold my breath and take the one way ticket ride again... this time i'll remember to be true to myself.

-Jay


p.s: Monin, i'm back, mofo! :)
Shout out to Pete, Com tam and the people who read my blog... thanks for telling me to get off my arse and update.

1 Comments:

At 6:54 pm, Blogger LOki said...

testing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home