Monday, March 13, 2006

riders on the storm

Listening to: [ R.E.M. - Losing my religion ]

It's now Sunday evening, Melbourne had a pretty hot day for March.
Didn't do anything except go to the beach with Chow, McMahon, Cat, Monica and Lan.

It was a really nice day... it got cloudy late in the afternoon but the water was wonderful...
I was sitting down while everyone else was in the water and i was meant to read up on "Masters of financial planning" book and struggled with a chapter telling us to be honest, diligence and truthful to our clients... about 25 pages of elaborated common sense crap so i kind of tuned out and just listened to the waves, the people laughing and the orange. For a short moment i felt at peace and reflected on the thing's that are happening in my life and what made me happy.

Well, Chalkboard is very close to finishing the first volume. After a year of hardwork we're almost there... i haven't pinned our successon this because i think it'll take time to get recognition but i'm glad to know the effort we made to make it a great story... no short cuts, no half arsed shit.

I truly wish i can say the same for my Uni, i've taken the time to organise myself into a routine which includes sleeping early and setting times to actually complete my homework... so far i'd give that effort a 6/10 with room for improvement.

I'm waiting for my hair to dry before i sleep but i'm already sweating again.
I'm quite annoyed that where i live it's a big of a double edged sword when it comes to the weather.

When it's hot, the house is really cool... the house is built on bricks but the problem with bricks is... once it starts cooling off... the bricks still retain a lot of heat and that's the situation i'm in now.

Well, i'm going to pour myself a nice glass of cold water and maybe sit outside the balcony until i feel like i'm ready to dose off.. Susan is meant to pick me up in about 7 hours for carpooling and i'm afraid all she will see is the bags under my eyes but who can blame me for sleeping in such humidity... i have to hand it to the folks up near the equator...

-Jay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home