Sunday, March 13, 2005

Free again

Listening to: [311 - love song]

What an awesome weekend.

Just got back from my smoke, i lit two tealights and watched the sun set. There was nothing but bliss and tranquility and it seemed as though the Earth stood still.

I just sat and watched the birds flock back to their homes as a cool breeze swept through what was a warm day. Today was one of those days where it was hot but not so extreme with the humidity playing a low key.

Earlier this week, i was nothing but stressed. Homework was not up to scratch and i had recieved a letter from the Australian Tax Office saying i had to pay back $635 odd dollars of past taxes.

Another crushing blow to my already depleted financial resource. What makes it worse was yesterday where Chow, Catherine, Sara and myself went to the moomba festival.

We ate at a really nicely furbished modern chinese resturant and then watched the fireworks. I've seen many fireworks before, yet last night i felt as though it was my first time. So i said to myself "fuck the world" in defiance of my worries and misery and just settled down and smiled.

We then got together in a bar away from the thousands that swamped the local bars and pubs in proximity to the moomba festival and just say back and really unwinded. I think the person who unwinded the most was Sara who got more than she bargained for when she ordered her "tropical fruit drink" that tasted like 100% alcohol. Kudos on her for finishing it despite my offer to get her a new drink.

The kick start to my studies have been excellent. Although there's always going to be hurdles i feel like i can do it. I feel finally happy.

There was a documentary about Antarctica on Channel 7 and it has inspired me to paint/create something that will inspire me to one day step outside my shell and see something as beautiful as an underground glacier and mountains upon mountains of wilderness. I thought about the people i'd choose to accomany me but i have realised many of my friends have come and gone, for the ones who've gone i sincerly wish the best for them. You all know who you are and somewhere i'm probably thinking about you guys. Always.

I've finally found peace. I just have to keep up the ante for my studies and see where the wind takes me from there.

-Jay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home