Monday, April 04, 2005

"and when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it"

Listening to: [ Lifehouse - Everything ]

The title is a famous quote from my favourite novel of all time.

"The Alchemist" by Paulo Chelo has always inspired me to achieve more than what i can see in front of me. This novel was given to me from my lovely cousin Avon.

At that time, i was still in primary school but i remember feeling so moved by the book.
I won't go into too much detail about what happens in the book but what i got out of it was the principles. I truly believe the most important thing about 'living' is to follow our dreams.

At last i feel at peace, i know where i'm and where exactly i want to go.

Yesterday, i was speaking to Brendan how i want to create an epic. Again, like my previous preject titled "Arthur's Will" the idea came to me in a mid-dream (where i'm not sure whether i'm awake or asleep) and i quickly jumped out of bed to write what i see in my head.

I've completed the framwork for my new comic project but i don't have names for characters or a title yet. I've run the idea by Chow and Sab which they've both given me their approval and both also noted the comic will be the "epic" i've been dreaming of writing.

I guess at the meeting of the minds in two weeks i have something i can put forward to the group. I've asked Chow to help me with some supporting characters and create the designs for the evil race... something that he's very good at.

Ths idea will have to be put on hold while Uni is on but i can't wait for the weekends when i can really get into my comic. It seems like such a childhood dream but story writing and comic making is something i feel i was destined to do. Let's just hope the universe gives me a little hand.

-Jay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home